Monday, September 12, 2011

Lion Plays Host in St. Louis

Lion is one of my best friends from college. He's going to be my best man at my wedding. I was writing about him love life over on my other blog, My Life's Love Medley. But since I've consolidated all my blogs, I write about his life here now. You can read my older posts about his love life, where I used to write about him on first Wednesdays, then Saturdays here.

In my last post about him, I talked about how he was coming to Chicago to take a test for school and staying with my fiance Easy and I while he was here. Then Easy had a gig down in St. Louis, where Lion is from. The three of us, plus a friend of mine Lion met at our engagement party, were all going to go down there and kick it for the weekend. It was going to be awesome!

Well, you know how things in life don't always go as planned. With all the things that constantly change in my world, me (and the people who are silly enough to want to spend time around me) have got to be able to roll with the punches.

Not quite like this.


But more like this.
Image via Cartoon Stock
One of those punches was that our friend wasn't there. She had a family emergency come up and wasn't able to join us. We still had a pretty good time. Hopefully the next time such a trip comes up, she'll be there and I'll actually get to observe Lion in action. He did spend some time with a lady friend of his. But she wasn't interested in spending time with Easy and I in St. Louis because I said she couldn't come to our engagement party since she happened to be in Chicago that day.

Who asks to go to the engagement party of a couple they've never met before? I gotta say, I'm okay with never meeting one of the many Ashleys that rotate around in Lion's life, especially a particularly tactless one. Moving on.

This trip to St. Louis was a very different one from the last time I was there and stayed at Lion's brother's house. It was still fun though. I'm still waiting to actually observe Lion in whatever it is that he does to these chicks to earn their practically life-long allegiance. Once I figure it out, I'll be happy to share it in this blog.

No comments: