Sunday, September 4, 2011

Welcome To My New Blog

I looked up one day and I was writing a lot of blogs. There were just too many. I googled some options about how I could remedy my problem.

Pick One Blog Topic And Stick To It
I have a lot of interests. Picking one topic wouldn't be okay with me. I had a journal (of sorts) blog, a blog about my friends' love lives, a blog about current events, a blog about my wedding, and a blog about my fiance's music career. How was I going to pick one of those things when they're all immensely important to me to write about?


How am I supposed to choose? I don't want to choose. I won't choose.
Buy A Domain And Host Multiple Blogs On One WebPage
I thought about doing this. I liked the idea of having my own website domain. No more blogspot in my blog title. But then it occurred to me that if I don't have the time to maintain multiple blogs, I really don't have the time to learn UNIX etc. All I halfway know now is html and I just can't be worried about learning all the rest.

Give Up And Switch To Something At Which I'm More Efficient
I love blogging. I will not give up blogging until carpal tunnel takes my typing abilities away. I don't have carpal tunnel. Lord, don't give me carpal tunnel. Plus, I made a commitment to blog for Weddingbee and I am most definitely fulfilling that commitment.

So Now What?
Having exhausted those three options, the only thing left to do was to try and figure out a way to make all my different blogging interests come together under one roof so that I don't have to have 337 (slight exaggeration) blogs. This will be a fun experiment.

I've recently had a lot of changes in my life. In the last sixteen months, I withdrew from medical school and I started a completely different career. I met, fell in love with, and got engaged to the love of my life. I finally moved out of my parents' house. I've seen my friendships blossom into adult friendships. With all that going on, blogging about my life and the world around me keeps me sane. Well, it keeps me mostly sane.

For the purposes of this blog, I will continue with the aliases I've given everyone in my life. That should make the transition easier for the handful of people who were reading my other blogs.

For the purposes of starting with a fresh tone (maybe?) and feel, I will not be importing my old posts. I will leave the old posts on the old blogs, but I may reference them from time to time. If that happens, I'll link to that post.

Lastly, I'm looking for comments! If you read my other blogs, tell me what you think of this new one. I'm contemplating investing in a really great template background. We'll see. For all I know, I may decide in two weeks that I'd rather fuss with maintaining my 1,428 (a slightly larger exaggeration) blogs.

3 comments:

Dre said...

I wish you the best in starting your new blog and know that I will read whatever or however you decide to post! I think my blog is kinda all over the place so maybe I need to change up a few things too.....

Congrats on your engagement and making a fresh start with everything!

<3 Dre

Nikki Neurotic said...

Honestly, I'm excited to see what happens with this blog. I only read the one blog, so I'll definitely be looking forward to seeing everything mesh in with what I've gotten used to. And hey, maybe it'll influence me to get back into blogging.

CeCe said...

@Miss Dre: thanks. If you do make a change, I'll be excited to see what comes of it, but I like what you're doing now.

@SilverNeurotic: You'll get it all now, hopefully you will keep reading!