Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Planning The Perfect Tuesday

Tuesdays are special days for Easy and me. I don't know when exactly that happened, but I remember it most vividly starting right after we moved in together at the end of June. We don't do something every single Tuesday, but we try. It's our unofficial date night.

Sometimes it's just as simple as hanging out on the couch talking. Other times, it involves full nights out being all romantic and coupley. My favorite Tuesdays are the ones that involve flowers! I love flowers. Hint hint, ahem.

Last Tuesday didn't quite work with our schedule, so we had our "Tuesday" on the weekend. But this week, it's my turn to plan something that's just-for-us-and-doesn't-involve-our-families-or-our-careers. I was really looking forward to the planning.

Now the planning is all done and I'm excited to put it into action. I was trying to figure out what Easy is interested in that wasn't music. For a while, I just didn't know. But we've talked about it more recently, and I took notes from that and have planned a wonderful date for him.

I would tell you all what I have planned, but Easy reads my blog, and I don't want to ruin the surprise. But when I'm back at work (and therefore have internet) on Thursday, I'll tell you how today goes.

I'm just glad we have these days. I think of years from now when we've got kids and long commutes (knock on wood) and have to schedule Date Night, but then are too tired to really enjoy it.

Image via IMDb
Right now, we're just enjoying being engaged. We're enjoying being D.I.N.K.s, and life is good. Even when we have disagreements, it's pretty easy to settle it quickly because we don't have a lot of distractions.

I'll be looking back on this time in 10 years. I hope I won't envy this time. My life will hopefully be the life I'm working now to build and I'll be satisfied with it. I imagine that instead of envy, it will be more like nostalgia because I'm making the most of these moments.

How do you make the most of everyday moments?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm lucky if S.D. and I get a chance to spend a few days together a month so in between we depend on a few skype sessions a week. Yesterday we spent all evening emailing back and forth...for some reason it worked for us so we're going to continue that.

CeCe said...

I'm all about texting. It's how we communicate when either of us are at work.
We never Skype, but we were all over Google video chat while he was in Europe last winter.
I know you'll be so excited when you all are finally living together.