Monday, September 19, 2011

Musings on My Blog Topics

As this new blog is evolving, it's occurring to me that in order for my blog to be exactly what I want it to be, I shouldn't be writing about anything except things I have an interesting take on. No one will want to read what I'm bored to even write about myself. But I don't want my blog to be this random jumble of whatever comes to my mind.

Don't get me wrong, I love reading "musing" blogs. My favorite is Unscripted Musings by an awesome ATL mommy named Monique. Check her out for cute stories about her son, her life, her finances, and her nail polish (I love her taste in nail polish!).

For myself, I envision more of a conversational tone that recounts things that happen in the world around me, with hopefully a bit of humor, wit, or other traits that I like to occasionally pretend I possess. But what to write about in the world around me?

I like current events.

I like pop culture.

I like music.

I like politics.

I like television and movies.

I like my life.

I like my friends' lives.

But ultimately, I can't write about all that. I honestly don't care enough about all that to write consistently enough to not seem scatterbrained. I was finally, finally, honest with myself and I realized what I truly enjoy writing about.

I love writing about: random goings-on in my life, my fiance Easy, my friends' love lives, television & movies, and politics. I just have to figure out how to make it all gel. I tried for a couple posts to find a way to connect stuff in my life to stuff in politics, but it was too much work to find the connection, and it seemed a bit... trite.

And there's no way I will be doing recaps of shows I like to watch just so I can find a way to compare it something that happened to me.

So now, I will try doing memes. They will likely not qualify as memes because they likely will not catch on and it will just be me doing it. But I don't care. Having a theme for posts will let the 1.75 people who read my blog know what to expect when they show up to have a gander.

And it will make me feel more focused. I like to have a purpose in mind when I write blog posts. Well, not this blog post. This post is purposefully rambling. If you're still reading, you must really like the way my mind works, which doesn't reflect well on you by the way.

I must now come up with a clever phrasing and jpeg for these different memes. I'll need one for television, one for movies, one for my friends' love lives, one for my life. I have to figure out if I want just one for my life or if I should further split it into talks about engaged life, talks about career, and talks about friends/family.

I also love talking about my hobbies. Sigh, I'm starting to feel scatterbrained again. Okay, okay. Maybe I'll do one for grown-up talk stuff, like career and finance. Another for life with Easy which will likely cover romance, wedding planning, nesting, and some friends and family stuff. And I'll do another for just about me. That will be my hobby, random musings (they will happen again, be prepared).

Having worked all that out, now I will figure out what to call each of these memes and a jpeg to go along. That will be my next post.

No comments: